Friday 2 August 2013

Identifying God's Help in Your Success Jouney


Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. don't give... [it] a second thought, because GOD, your GOD, is striding ahead of you. He is right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you. - Moses (The Prophet)

I read a story of an old man who lived by a river. In the rainy season the rains were heavy, and the river rose. The Police Chief came by in his jeep, and said to the old man, “The river is going to flood, and I want to evacuate you.”
The old man folded his arm confidently, “I have faith in God. God will take care of me.”
The Police Chief shook his head and drove off.
The river continued to rise. It lapped about the old man’s house, rising up to the entrance. The Police Chief came by in a canoe, and said, “The river is continuing to rise. I really need to evacuate you.”
The old man looked at the river which covered his steps and lapped across the entrance. He folded his arms. “I have faith in God. God will take care of me.”
The Police Chief shook his head and rowed away.
And the river inched higher. At last the old man was clinging to his roof. The Police Chief came by in a helicopter and hovered above the man. “I really must evacuate you. You’ll drown if I don’t.”
But the old man repeated, “I have faith in God. God will take care of me.”
Frustrated, the Police Chief left.
And the river rose even higher. And the old man drowned.
In heaven, he was very upset. He went to God and said, “Why did you do this to me? Why did you let me drown? I kept telling the Police Chief that I had faith in you, and that you will take care of me.”
God said, “You ninny! I sent you a jeep, and a canoe, and a helicopter!”
When we ask God for help, we can’t insist that help come in the way that we have decided. Some things to note about God’s help are:
1. They will come through people. Do not look far when seeking God’s help. He will lead people to you to help you accomplish your worthy goals. Do not isolate yourself from people because they are an extension of God’s hands.
2. They will not contradict the Bible. The help that will come to you will not stand against God’s word for ethical living. People that will offer immoral or unethical help are not an extension of God’s hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment