Friday 14 June 2013

The Swift Achiever


I’m so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark. – Mohammad Ali

   I have had opportunities in life that I missed out of because I was not swift enough. I am pretty sure that you will not think too far to identify such occurrences in your life also. In relationships, business, and vocations – they cut across every area of our lives – our lack of swiftness costs us more than we bargained for.
   In my desire for extra knowledge I love to read about and watch documentaries on eagles. From some of the things I have learned them I have picked some points to highlight in this discourse. The eagle is such an excellent hunter because of three things – sight, flight, and grip. It is of these characters I would write on.
  To be swift in any area of your life you must have an excellent sight. By this you will be able to identify opportunities from afar off. Eagles can see prey from over a kilometer – now that’s sight! Sometimes opportunities stare at us right at the face yet we do not recognize them. You must be able to distinguish an opportunity from that which isn't from a great deal distance. This is the very first step to swiftness.
   Also, you must have the capacity to plunge-in for the opportunity as fast as possible. This will require a fair deal of effort and practice and time. It takes time to become fully familiar with your flight accessories and to use them to the optimum. Your flight accessories are your talents, abilities, education and skill. You use them to nose-dive toward your prey.
  So, you have identified a great opportunity, you have plunged toward it and now it is just by you, what next? You must be able to take it and maintain a firm grip on it. Sometimes we lose opportunities either because they simply slip out or our grip was, in the first place, a weak one. It is one thing to take up and opportunity and a completely different thing to hold on firmly to it.
  With these you will be well on your way to eagle-like achievements!

No comments:

Post a Comment